Thursday, January 08, 2009

Al Fatihah

9:50 pm last night Ayah called me and relayed a very surprising news.
At first I thought he mentioned my cousin Kak Lang has passed away. That would be a shock to me. Immediately he made it clear that it was my uncle Pak Lang, my mom's brother-in-law.

I really didn't know what to do right then. My mind was filled with what to do next. First of all, I recited Al Fatihah for him. Next, to deliberate and assess my current situation. How do I attend his funeral - planned after zuhur today at kampung. Late last night I decided that I couldn't attend, and told Ibu about it.

Pak Lang is of a quiet character. He's a man of few words, but full of wisdom. Understandably so, as he was an Ustaz, an Imam and also a Qadhi. I went to hajj the same time with him, and we shared the same tent in Mina. He took very good care of my late grandparents house and everything around it in Juasseh (the one that you see in Astro - Nubhan's house). That, I admire highly and I appreciate so much.

I pray that Allah rests this good man's soul in Jannah. InsyaAllah.

Al Fatihah.

more...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

takziah lapt

Anonymous said...

al-fatihah...