Thursday, May 26, 2016

Khan Academy - You Can Learn Anything

Khan Academy | www.khanacademy.org

Online learning. For free.

I stumbled upon KA today. There's a long list of subjects that you can learn and at the same time earn badges as you progress. It is in a way gamified learning which at a level would ensure you come back to complete the course and finish something that you started.

With the mantra #YouCanLearnAnything, it really is empowering, thus giving us some sort of energy and that assurance that we really can learn about anything. For me, it is a bit of a challenge put forth and for me to find out (or surprise myself).

I got to KA through a series of links. It started from my email feed from Wait But Why which eventually brought me to their piece on Elon Musk. There's a footnote that I clicked which brought me to Elon's interview bit at KA on Youtube. I explored further to find out what KA is about from their (1m30s) introduction video and subscribed to their Youtube channel right away.

A couple of minutes later I found myself clicking the link in that video's description which brought me to their internet site. A few more minutes after that I registered and earned my first badge for having watched my first video and  right away.

first badge earned
We'll see what's next.
plenty to choose from
click for larger image
How about you?

The links:



No comments: