Friday, November 21, 2008

Afraid To Write

I sent an email to my loved one, just the other day
It’s sad communication has evolved this way.
We use so many words but have so little to relay
as angels scribble down every letter that we say.
All the viral attachments sent and passionate insults we vent
It’s easy to be arrogant behind user passwords we invent.
But on the day the scrolls are laid, with every word and deed displayed,
when we read our accounts, I know, for one, I’ll be afraid.

That day I’ll be so afraid to read,
every harsh word that I’ve spoken - and every time I have lied.
I’ll be obliged to admit,
I’ll be obliged to submit
Will I have strength owning up to each deed I’ve tried to hide?
Oh Allah, I’m so afraid to read.
An excerpt from Dawud Wharnsby Ali's song Afraid To Read.

If ever I wrote in here or any other digital media, please forgive me if I offended you in any way.

Lyrics above copyright owner DWA.
Cut and paste from here.

No comments: